Prospective Kemper Scholars must demonstrate a sincere interest in pursuing a business career by declaring or expressing their intent to declare a major or minor in a business-related field.
Possible courses of study include but are not limited to:
- Actuarial science
- Business administration
- Computer science
- Data analytics
- Human resources management
- Information systems
- Information technology
Applicants must be enrolled at a Kemper Scholars Program Partner Institution:
Note: Students enrolled at other institutions cannot be considered for the Kemper Scholars Program, nor are new institutions considered as partners, except by invitation from the James S. Kemper Foundation.
I’ve never seen another program like this that offers so much mentorship and professional development…
ALINA VIRNELSON | ’20 SCHOLAR
Additional Application Requirements
Note: A student who is an immediate family member of employees of the Kemper family of companies or the James S. Kemper Foundation is not eligible to be a Kemper Scholar.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Hold U.S. citizenship or a permanent resident visa, with full work authorization
- Willing to consider a career in the insurance industry
- On track to graduate in no less than four years and have completed less than 20% of the coursework required for their major
- Be 18 years old by May 15 of their first year of college
- Secure support and permission of parents or guardians to participate in and travel to all program-related activities, including summer internships and events