Prospective Kemper Scholars must demonstrate a sincere interest in pursuing a business career by declaring or expressing their intent to declare a major or minor in a business-related field.
Possible courses of study include but are not limited to:
- Actuarial science
- Business administration
- Computer science
- Data analytics
- Human resources management
- Information systems
- Information technology
Applicants must be enrolled at a Kemper Scholars Program Partner Institution:
Note: Students enrolled at other institutions cannot be considered for the Kemper Scholars Program, nor are new institutions considered as partners, except by invitation from the James S. Kemper Foundation.
I don’t know of any other program that takes care of its students like this
LAYAL ZALKOUT | ’20 SCHOLAR
Additional Application Requirements
Note: A student who is an immediate family member of employees of the Kemper family of companies or the James S. Kemper Foundation is not eligible to be a Kemper Scholar.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Hold U.S. citizenship or a permanent resident visa, with full work authorization
- Willing to consider a career in the insurance industry
- On track to graduate in no less than four years and have completed less than 20% of the coursework required for their major
- Be 18 years old by May 15 of their first year of college
- Secure support and permission of parents or guardians to participate in and travel to all program-related activities, including summer internships and events